As I explained in Wednesday's post, I'm starting a new series simply titled "Lake House Ideas" to capture all of the ideas swarming around in my head about furnishing and decorating this potential vacation home. One of my rules is to furnish the cottage with only vintage and secondhand items.
Today's idea is inspired by a summer house I found on the oh so incredible- Emma's Design Blogg.
|Hus & Hem|
The crisp and casual styling of the summer house is exactly what I'm hoping to recreate. The whole house is adorable, but I became infatuated with the idea of the rolling bamboo table as a bedside table. It's perfection. Plus, when you place casters on something it can serve dual purposes throughout a small space.
I also love the expandable lamps mounted to the white walls - so practical, and they can never tip over like the pharmacy table lamps often do.
Finally, I love the look of using a vintage chalkboard as a headboard for a twin bed similar to this room from Apartment Therapy.
Two other bedrooms that inspire me.
|Hus & Hem|
Here are a few vintage finds that I'd gladly welcome to my bedside and that would fit perfectly in my ideal lakeside cottage bedroom.
1. Primitive Tin Jug from Etsy seller Trampoline
2. Large 1930's German Scissors Wall Lamp by Christian Dell at Tom Thomas
3. Vintage HEYWOOD WAKEFIELD ASHCRAFT TABLE Double-tiered with bamboo legs from Etsy seller Dixie La Rue
4. Large vintage school chalkboard from Etsy seller Blue Bell Bazaar
5. Pair of Big Yellow Fishing Bouys from Etsy seller Trampoline
6. Vintage mechanical alarm clock Smiths Cavalier from Great Britain from Etsy seller Clockwork Universe